Unlock MI/Redmi phone
Got a new MI/Redmi phone and want to unlock its bootloader, here is the trick.
- 1. Login into MI account within in your phone and turn on Find Device, find device is very important.
- 2. Step 1 will take 5 days (approximately) to register your new device with MI account for unlocking.
- Go here http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and apply for unlock permissions, this will take few days, meanwhile the step 2 is going on.
- If you have already have unlock permissions before you bought the phone jump from Step 1 to here, wait for 5 days. Literally I have tried numerous times but it did not work. Have patience and wait for 5 or 6 days.
- At then end of 5th or 6th day, try to unlock the device using MI unlock software.
- Put phone in fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Login into MI account and click unlock button.